The Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC) is a public benefit corporation and politic arm of New York State, whose mission is to develop, maintain, and operate the infrastructure of Roosevelt Island. As part of this mandate, RIOC operates and maintains several facilities including the Cultural Center, Sportspark, and the Motorgate Garage: as well as other outdoor spaces such as Firefighter’s Field, Southpoint Park, and Lighthouse Park, among other facilities and locations. Infrastructure operations also includes the Aerial Tramway, and a free Red Bus Service that stops at various points on Roosevelt Island; and a Public Safety Department that serves as the community’s first responders in coordination with the New York City Police Department. RIOC’s workforce is also comprised of union workers from Local 210, 32BJ, PSOB, and other administrative staff.
Under the general supervision of the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the Chief Operating Officer (COO) oversees all strategic and business operations for Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC). The COO is responsible for developing and executing the operational strategy in support with RIOC’s vision. The COO will oversee various departments as assigned by the President and CEO. This position complements the external-facing responsibilities of the President/CEO and works closing with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Vice President/General Counsel.
The COO assists the president in addressing a range of strategic issues including enhancing organizational effectiveness and integrity, providing staff leadership, along with overall strategic planning for the organization as a whole and for individual programs and initiatives.
- Provide strong and effective day-to-day leadership by defining operational expectations, monitoring progress, and achieving those expectations, providing a work environment supportive of organizational accomplishments through high-performance, in a service-orientated work environment.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of various departments as assigned by the President and CEO.
- Participate in the development of RIOC’s operating and capital budget approval by RIOC’s Board of Directors; monitors the implementation of the adopted budgets.
- Identify opportunities for organizational, programmatic, and capital growth.
- Meet with the RIOC Board of Directors, and executive team to review and discuss projects, programs, and related matters impacting Roosevelt Island.
- Foster processes for strategic planning and improvements.
- Conduct critical analyses to identify business strategies that enhance organizational growth and effectiveness.
- Provide oversight of activities and special projects initiated by various departments to ensure projects are aligned and in accordance with RIOC’s goals and objectives.
- Meet with local residents, local community groups, NYC and NYS agencies and other stakeholders to exchange information and review current or proposed programs, initiatives, and projects.
- Participate in regional and state meetings and conferences to stay abreast of trends, technologies related to municipal programs and operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Our ideal candidate has progressive experience within local/state government, and/or the non-profit sector; is an outstanding strategic and financial thinker; and a strong relationship builder with the demonstrated expertise and ability to lead and further strengthen our mission.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of managerial experience, with a minimum of five (5) in senior management or a satisfactory equivalent.
- Experience in managing and overseeing multiple departments.
- Experience leading a strategic planning process and articulating strategic plans into work steams and tactics.
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and capital projects.
- Experience in a transportation environment.