Job Title: Administrative Events Manager
Roosevelt House, an integral part of Hunter College since 1943, re-opened in 2010 as a public policy institute honoring the distinguished legacy of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. Its mission is three-fold: to educate students in public policy and human rights, to support faculty research, and to foster creative dialogue. The institute provides opportunities for students to analyze public policy and experience meaningful civic engagement; for faculty to research, teach, and write about important issues of the day; and for scholarly and public audiences to participate in high-profile lectures, seminars and conferences.
Reporting directly to the Director of the Roosevelt House, the Administrative Events Manager oversees theplanning and coordination of a variety of events to meet Hunter College goals.
Roosevelt House hosts approximately 80 or more Public Programs per year, not including Hunter community/faculty rentals and high priority external rentals.
– Manages an ongoing calendar of events and creates overall scheduling plans.
– Creates event communications, including invitations, registration websites, and RSVP links, reminders, and Hunter Connect posts.
– Administers Raisers Edge, builds queries, accepts RSVPs, updates mailing lists, pulls RSVP lists.
– Arranges for all Roosevelt House mailings that involve net community and Raisers Edge lists.
– Maintains RSVP lists for events/track capacity, identifies VIPs and share the lists with major donor officers.
– Communicates with RH speakers and publicists, provides Zoom links needed to enter the program, schedules run-throughs, and sends reminders.
– Troubleshoots problems with net community emails.
– Proposes ideas for encore series and completes mailing of the final newsletters, based on copy provided by Public Programs Curator.
– Coordinates with marketing, communications, development, and public relations staff to develop and execute effective event marketing plans.
– Plans and oversees public online programs.
– Staffs all in-person and online events, including evenings.
– Handles any special requests that may come up during events.
– Pulls Zoom reports and logs in all information after completed event.
– Coordinates with bookstore, to get sale links and books ready.
– Arranges for bookplates to be sent, received by authors for their signature, and sent back.
– Provides support for HRP and PPP staff as needed.
– Works with Campus units or executives, student groups, and outside organizations to develop event concepts, plan detailed programs, and orchestrate successful logistical arrangements to enhance program success.
– Brainstorms and strategizes with Public Programs Curator on Public Programming ideas.
– Prepares event briefing documents for key executives and media relations personnel.
– Prepares reports on public programs as needed.
– Reports to senior management on the success for events.
– Supports the Director of Roosevelt House in ongoing fundraising efforts, including managing donor recognition projects, preparing briefings for donor meetings, developing invitation lists and managing a comprehensive database of contacts.
– Approves guests who register in Cleared4 system
– Drafts rental agreements, coordinates with HC and CUNY legal departments, to have them signed and logged.
– Manages and executes external rentals.
– Drafts rental estimates and invoices.
– Schedules and gives walk troughs to prospect clients.
– Prepares and manages budgets; manages contracts and ongoing vendor arrangements.
– Coordinates with all event vendors: catering, bartenders, photographer
– Applies for liquor licenses needed for the event
– Submits work orders
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Available to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY E-MAIL; DO NOT APPLY ON LINE AT THIS JOB BOARD.