An exceptional opportunity exists for a successful executive to assume the leadership of a statewide not-for-profit 501c3 association that represents and prioritizes access to children’s behavioral health care. The Coalition is seeking a President & CEO to support our legacy as New York’s leading voice in children’s behavioral health training, policy, and advocacy. The President & CEO, reporting to an 18-member Board of Directors, including 3 family representatives, must be a dynamic leader with strategic vision and ability to inspire members to advance the vision, mission, and values of the Coalition (www.cbhny.org).
The President & CEO will provider overall leadership and strategic vision for the organization, as well as oversight of the day-to-day operations of the organization. By prioritizing, directly providing or overseeing the government relations services necessary to establish and maintain prominence with state agencies, Executive Chamber and elected officials and their staff, the President & CEO will become a subject matter expert with the ability to influence policy decisions.
The Coalition focuses on increasing access and diversifying the array of available children’s mental health services across New York State. Our efforts continue to be an integral part of Medicaid redesign and reform of residential treatment and community-based services and recognized for promoting evidence-informed practices in children’s behavioral health. Collaboration and strategic participation with diverse constituencies and stakeholders focused on common goals is a hallmark activity of the Association.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate a clear vision that is compelling, widely supported, and effectively implemented.
- Develop and implement strategy that positions the Coalition to achieve its mission, vision and Diversity Equity, Inclusion and Belonging goals.
- Identify and analyze relevant legislation and policy and communicate complex information to membership in a concise, timely manner.
- Identify emerging opportunities and targets for advocacy, lead decision-making and strategies on priority issue engagement.
- Develop and edit internal and external communications including briefings, memos, presentations, updates, White Papers and social media posts.
- Represent the Association in meetings with stakeholders and government officials.
- Perform all duties through the Coalition’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging strategic mission lens.
- Support member agencies by developing a plan for dissemination of technical assistance, research, information, and advisories in a timely manner.
- Ensures strong and collaborative working relationships with State partners and policymakers to enact effective financing, policies, and regulations to support the long-term success of children’s behavioral health providers and the children/families served statewide.
- Identify opportunities and derive productive business and revenue growth through membership, training, education, partnerships, and published materials.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 5+ years of experience in advocacy, policy analysis, and organizational management.
- A minimum of 2 years in a senior management role with a nonprofit organization or association, state/federal agency or legislative office.
- Knowledge of the following issue areas: children’s health, behavioral health, youth development, family engagement, and social services.
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, state and federal regulatory procedures.
- Outgoing with entrepreneurial spirit, with a track record of thought leadership to recognize future trends and capitalize on new opportunities.
- A champion of change; has an ability to develop new solutions and/or collaborations to drive system level changes.
- Outgoing, self-starter able to establish and maintain multiple stakeholder relationships (members, other associations, government agencies, grassroots advocates, and family members).
- Familiarity with New York State political environment, legislative process, and state ethics laws is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing PowerPoint presentations, leveraging social media and the ability to analyze rates/data spreadsheets is preferred.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and CV to [email protected]. Include “President and CEO Job Application” in the subject of your email.