We are looking for an experienced and passionate Sales Manager for The Cloud One Hotel New York-Downtown – a new lifestyle hotel at an iconic location in Downtown NYC with 326 rooms. The Cloud One New York-Downtown hotel is part of the award-winning German-based Motel One group. Join our team and seize this unique opportunity!
What you should bring
If you’re good at giving people a warm welcome, enjoy hosting and have a passion for the hotel industry, then you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for individuals who seek to develop their career, enjoy working in diverse and multicultural teams, and are prepared to work across different departments in a dynamic work environment, so that our guests can have a pleasant stay.
We encourage you to apply if you have a minimum of two years of proven experience in account management, in the New York City areas, identifying potential business opportunities, and developing corporate accounts; an ability to develop and implement a strategic sales and marketing plan; strong business acumen; strong computer, database, presentation and reporting skills; enjoy networking internally and externally; and have an outgoing, positive, proactive attitude.
Furthermore, you are an ideal candidate if you are open and welcoming; have good communication skills, a neat outer appearance, positive charisma and good manners; are good at negotiating; and you come across as a convincing personality who enjoys being proactive in sales.
Features of the job
- Plan, coordinate and conduct all sales and marketing activities of the new hotel, including new customer guided tours, and customer events
- Research and acquire corporate customers, new business leads, negotiate, close agreements, monitor booking activities and host quarterly business reviews, tracing results in the company database
- Gain insights into new local business working with our international hotels sales teams and other departments on new revenue opportunities
- Review and prepare various reports, including forecasts, market segments, and competitor analyses
- Working in a proactive manner using market data to increase client relationships through exceeding company business activities
What we offer
We offer competitive salaries, paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental, vision and life insurance options, 401K plan, company sales incentive plan, rewards for good performance, training, continuous opportunities for growth, a great working environment with an energizing employee culture, and so much more!
The Motel One group is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis covered under applicable law
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: 133 Greenwich Street, NY, NY, 10006 – adjacent to the WTC