The Maintenance Supervisor (MS) performs and oversees installation, maintenance,
and repairs in varied functions, specifically; general carpentry, electrical, plumbing and
The MS is the troubleshooter at large; investigating services required, researching
solutions to ensure the right technician is assigned to the project. And is responsible
for securing outside services if the project requirements are beyond the scope of staff
The MS works closely with upper management to ensure field personnel are trained
properly, in addition to providing oversight and quality checks on all work performed by
staff and external technicians.
- Perform hands-on maintenance and repairs; general carpentry, electrical,
plumbing and HVAC.
- Supervise members of the field team and investigate and resolve open issues.
- Daily oversight of all field-work being performed in clients’ homes; ensuring timeliness and quality of work.
- Communicate with account managers and upper management on all work
progress and/or issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain good client relations; ensure open line of communication
- Responsible for determining parts required for repairs.
- Participating in any technical and managerial training necessary; on an ongoing basis.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with general carpentry, electrical
and plumbing tasks.
- Highly experienced working with different types of boilers and HVAC systems.
- Capacity to investigate problems and research possible solutions.
- Ability to identify replacement parts as needed.
- Familiar with the following: ie Lutron, Crestron, Control 4, Leak Defense Systems &
new technology for wireless thermostats.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience in similar role.
- Experience working with high-end residential clientele.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot/assign team technical tasks and ensure timelines
and quality standards are met.
- Skilled technician, responsible for assessing and conducting hands-on repairs.
- Timely and meticulous communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to ascertain repair issues
and explain technical information to account managers and/or clients as
- Ability to effectively teach and train field team members — passing on skills and
Who is Top Hat Home Services?
We are the premier “Full-Service” boutique real estate management company
operating in Manhattan. We provide Manhattan’s brownstone, townhouse and condo
owners with a comprehensive management suite and white glove support and services
that make owning a New York property a breeze.
Our People Make Top Hat
There’s a real sense of community and chemistry here. Our people are a little bit nicer,
friendlier, and more collaborative. We genuinely enjoy what we do, and we come together to make a difference in our clients’ lives. We are a group that knows how to
work hard and have fun.
To explore this opportunity, please email your resume to: [email protected]